The Edenton Auditorium Company was incorporated in 1916 for the purpose of building a modern entertainment facility. Seventy-one citizens began the dream to"construct, operate, or lease an auditorium for the purpose of holding musicals, theatrical & other public meetings & entertainment." In 1917 the groups purchased the lot at 206-208-210 South Broad St. With 131 stockholders the company's aspirations came to fruition in 1924 with the completion of the Taylor Theatre, Edenton's first modern moving picture theatre. The lots were sold in 1923 to Samuel William Taylor & his wife, Ada Leona (Byrum) Taylor. The Theatre opened in September 1925.
Now under new ownership and operations.
Renovations underway, Grand Opening to be announced.
Edenton's First Modern Moving Picture Hall
Adult ticket $8.00
Child Ticket $6.00